COMPOSITOR ASSISTANT / DMG
We are currently in search of a Compositor Assistant for our Los Angeles office. The Compositor Assistant is a passionate, aspiring compositor who be responsible for supporting the Compositing team in Commercials projects.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Directly assists all senior and junior compositors in various projects.
2. Manages the versioning of files, final deliverables, and the archiving of projects.
3. Preps graphic, video assets, image sequences, alpha renders for compositing projects.
4. Transcodes raw footage.
5. Compress artist render files into different codecs and file formats for client’s preview.
6. Responsible for importing and managing media, including uploading client previews to Wiredrive / Interdubs.
7. Responsible for the Data management of media, ingesting drives, etc.
8. Manages camera / VFX kit/ lighting / VR gear inventory.
9. Acts as a quality control check point for all media prior to client postings and final delivery for broadcast / digital, etc.
10. Audio layback on projects.
11. Updates supers in Nuke / Flame / AE timelines.
- Knowledge of conforming EDL, XML, AAF on timeline in Flame / Nuke Studio / Resolve / Premiere or equivalent.
- Must have a solid understanding of the concepts involved in VFX composting (e.g. rotoscoping), and basic knowledge of NUKE, FLAME, SILHOUETTE, or similar.
- Basic understanding of broadcast specs (i.e. standard frame rates, resolutions, codecs)
- General knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs, Nuke or Flame.
- Must be very detail-oriented.
How To Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “Compositor Assistant-LA" in the subject line.