- Taskmaster. Responsible for completing many tasks within CG/3D including but not limited to;
- Animation, Modeling, Look Dev, etc.
- Professional Chameleon. Should be able to adapt to the needs of each project as they change and progress
- Gear Shifter. Must be adept at handling many roles and pivoting between roles for different projects. You’re a master at shifting gears seamlessly from one task to another. No stalling in this car!
Will include but are not limited to;
- Versatile af. Will perform a diverse array of tasks within the studio including but not limited to; animation, modeling, look dev, texturing, shading, lighting, rendering, effects, scripting and tracking. Is there anything you can’t do? If this weren’t a hypothetical question the answer would be no.
- Understanding of composting basics is a plus
- Quality Controller. Will evaluate and review CG work, identifying strengths and weaknesses, identifying potential pitfalls for given projects
- Indie Spirit. Should be able to work autonomously in fast-paced environment to deliver consistently high-quality work and troubleshoot if problems arise
- Introverted Extrovert. Must be able to work well both independently (introverted) and within a team (extrovert) making sure to exhibit effective communication
Experience & Qualifications
- Wear Your Experience on Your Sleeve. Proven technical knowledge and abilities of various aspects of CG at an above average or advanced level
- Speaks Geek. Experience working with various systems, demonstrating an understanding of file formats, naming conventions, scripts
- Been There, Done That. With your experience, you should feel right at home using Maya, Houdini, Arnold or similar software
- BONUS POINTS. For you overachievers, any knowledge of or experience workingwith Unreal is a PLUS so make sure you let us know!
- Cream of the Crop. Demonstrated creative and technical skills in photorealistic 3D animation and competency in all other areas of 3D including modeling, texturing, lighting, effects animation
- MVP. You’re an all around ideal employee with excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to take direction and whatever else someone might throw at you via words
- Color Coordinator. Understanding of color theory and it’s application for both animation and live action projects
- Should possess a strong sense of design perspective in the 3D environment
- Mr. Miyagi. Ability to mentor or train artists (your own little karate kids) to ensure continual development in the quality of Psyop work
Psyop is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace. We offer flexible working practices and welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.