Do you love that magic combination of great storytelling, design and artistry?
Do you love talking to artists about their work, their process, and their sources of inspiration?
If you do we would love to chat!
At Psyop we are passionate about our craft and seek out the best talent from around the world to make some of the most compelling work in our industry and beyond. This Creative Recruiting Director position is critical to continuing that success. Working closely with our producers, directors, and other key talent, you will be in charge of keeping a constant beat on all the amazing talent around the world, searching for the discovered and undiscovered to introduce to the Psyop team.
If you think you have a good eye, or even maybe two, and you love browsing Artstation and Behance just for fun, drop us a line!
The Role – Job Responsibilities
- Art Socialite. Like a well-loved socialite, you possess a natural ability to build and maintain a network of Global Talent by sourcing, identifying, and attracting premier and emerging talent
- Charm School Alumnus. With a Bachelor of Arts in Charming, you are constantly working to establish and enhance relationships with Global Industry Partners, creative partners, and school programs
- Artist Ambassador. Be the artist’s #1 fan, always rooting for them. Act as their advocate at Psyop by understanding, confirming and clearly communicating their talents, skill set and potential while making hiring recommendations
- Talent Magnet. Attract new artists like apple cider vinegar attracts fruit flies. Define, improve and create innovative and strategic plans for sourcing, recruiting, and networking
- Human Rolodex. Maintain and help further develop our talent tracking system. Consistently review applicants and potential candidates through our website, social media and job postings
- Fluent in Psyop. Effectively communicate the Psyop Brand and culture
- Avid Follower of Standards and Practices. Ensure compliance, hiring practices, and company values throughout recruiting process
- Keep Your Enemies Close. Stay abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Report to Global Director of Production
More about You / What we’re looking for
- Location Location Location. You can be anywhere in the world, as long as you’re with us
- Not Your First Rodeo. You know this industry like the back of your hand. 8+ years in creative recruiting and resourcing with major international reach/exposure. Experience working at a creative shop in design, animation, visual effects, gaming or film
- Pocket Full of Prodigies. You have an existing roster of highly qualified talent around the world
- Picasso Incarnate. You have a deep love of storytelling, creativity, design, and cutting edge technology, it’s almost as if you were an artist in a past life
- Humanitarian Hiring. You are deeply committed to recruiting w/ an equitable and inclusive lens
- Trend Forecaster. Have a passion for staying up to date on industry trends and an ability to forecast upcoming ones
- Art School Dropout. Your knowledge of Design, Traditional CG Animation and/or Visual Effects production is so solid you could’ve had us fooled for an artist yourself
- Extroverted Introvert. You’re proactive, can work autonomously, but also remain collaborative and communicative
- Adrenaline Junkie. You thrive in a fast paced, fun, but rapidly changing environment
- Triple Threat. Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize with strong problem-solving skills
- Brand Ambassador. Ability to travel and represent Psyop at industry events (as permitted)