- Very Important Person. Will be expected to lead teams of Sr. FX Artists and FX Artists with confidence and poise
- Master De-escalator. Serve as the main go-to for FX issues that come up during production. You seamlessly de-escalate conflicts, provide solutions and help dispel any stress. Good vibes only!
- Wear Your Degree on Your Sleeve. You possess previous experience working as a Sr. FX Artist and it shows in everything you do. You’re like a walking resumé for this role, always demonstrating an advanced understanding of various aspects of VFX production
- Cream of the Crop. Creates real time visual effects of the highest quality, both in appearance and performance while adhering to the project’s artistic vision
- Downright Genius. Maintains best FX working practices for the department and possesses advanced understanding of math and physics as it relates to the VFX workflow
- Creates artist-specific tools, either on the project level or at the facility level, and works with the Pipeline Engineer to deploy them effectively
Will include but are not limited to;
- Better Be… Gryffindor. If this was Hogwarts, the Sorting Hat would place you in Gryffindor in a heartbeat. Like Harry P, you are a natural born leader, taking charge and providing your technical expertise when faced with project challenges
- Judgmental af. Oversee execution of FX tasks using Houdini as well as the development of the look of a sequence, providing constructive criticism or praise when warranted. Validation is not always guaranteed
- Mr. Miyagi. Mentor and train Junior Artists (your own little karate kids), making sure to always provide a collaborative atmosphere.
- A Creative Revolutionary. You are always exploring new FX techniques and software and recommending them to Dept Managers. If there’s going to be an innovation in the FX world, you want to be the first to know about it.
Experience & Qualifications
- Not Your First Rodeo. 6+ years experience in creating visual effects using Houdini software or relevant software
- Visual Trickster. Experience generating high end, photo-realistic effects such as explosions, water, dust, clouds, fire and smoke. You make them look so real that we have to do a double, sometimes triple take
- Allergy Free. Experience creating particle effects and dynamics (without having to sneeze!)
- Textile Worker. Possess a deep understanding of cloth simulation
- Omniscient. Possesses knowledge of animation/modeling/texturing and instancing pipelines and can anticipate potential pitfalls that may need attention
- Houdini Expert. Not the magician, the software.
- Software Savant. Knowledge of Nuke, Cinema 4D and/or Maya a plus
- Familiar with Shotgun software
- Natural Born Charmer. You’re an excellent collaborator with an ability to bring people in as well as bringing people up. You make people want to work with you, how nice!
- Strong communication and time management skills
- A Genuine People Person. People like you and you like them. You work well within a team environment and can take direction and whatever else someone might throw at you via words
Psyop is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace. We offer flexible working practices and welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.