Psyop is seeking an experienced Head of Technology to provide leadership to our growing global technology team, supporting our animation, VFX and live action artists working remotely and locally across multiple sites around the globe, in the US, UK, Mexico, and Germany.
The Global Head of Technology will be comfortable working with the diverse technologies in use in animation and VFX pipelines including Windows, Mac and Linux system administration, AWS & Cloud architecture, networking, enterprise storage, Active Directory, virtualization systems, and render farms. The candidate will play a key role in the design, implementation, and support of all the technology infrastructure and systems, and will interact with and assist the technology teams in all locations. This position will report directly to the CTO.
- Manage and mentor a team of Systems engineers and technicians globally to ensure growth and engagement.
- Coordinate with Production and Management teams to ensure that productions are using the best technology in the most efficient and productive ways possible.
- Work closely with the CTO to innovate and bring new technology ideas to Psyop.
- Maintain the functionality and availability of the technology infrastructure of the studio and cloud environments.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies in a quickly changing environment.
- Work with production teams to ensure all technical requirements for jobs are met.
- Quickly analyze and find creative solutions for software, hardware and systems problems involving Psyop artists and developers with grace even under production deadlines.
- Design, Install and document the technology systems and software.
- Manage preventative and emergency maintenance schedules.
- Be the lead technical contact for security audits and other technology compliance needs.
- Will directly manage Head of Systems and a number of systems engineers.
- Will work closely with Global Head of Pipeline to enhance our production capabilities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of Cloud-Computing concepts and platforms, including AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Previous experience managing a technology team, dealing with various graphics workstations, video standards and color spaces.
- Minimum 5 years technology experience in Post Production, Visual Effects or Animation facilities.
- Advanced understanding of animation or VFX production and engineering level knowledge of commercial packages, including Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Resolve, Flame and Creative Cloud
- Expert system administration knowledge of Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Experience with high-performance NAS/SAN systems, including Weka, Isilon, Qumulo, HNAS, etc.
- Experience with Active Directory and other identity providers.
- Experience with integration of SaaS applications.
- Experience with physical and cyber security and TPN/MPAA style secure environments.
- Experience with Application deployment, especially standard DCC applications.
- Extensive LAN and WAN Networking knowledge.
- Good documentation skills using Wiki and CAD.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills.
- English Proficiency
- Must be able to communicate clearly to non-technical production staff
- Extensive knowledge of visual effects production workflows
- Familiarity with databases and rendering queueing systems
- AWS Certification a plus
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of scripting and automation tools such as Python, PowerShell, Bash, cron, Ansible, Terraform, and CLI tools is a plus.
- Job can be fully remote, or based at one of our US or Germany offices.
- Valid work permission for the US, UK or EU required.
Psyop believes in the power of storytelling. For over 20 years, Psyop has been a pioneer in crafting emotive and visually stunning stories for the best advertising agencies, brands, game IP and other cool stuff that we are under strict NDA and can’t talk about. Psyop’s mission from day one has been to PERSUADE, CHANGE and INFLUENCE through creating content that wins the hearts and minds of audiences and consumers.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The estimated compensation range for this position specifically for NY applicants is $160,000-250,000k. The salary offered within this range will depend upon qualifications and other operational considerations. Benefits offered for this position include health care; retirement benefits; paid days off, including sick time, and vacation time; parental leave; basic life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; as well as discretionary, performance-based bonuses.
Psyop is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace. We offer flexible working practices and welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.