We are currently in search of a Pipeline Technical Director for our offices in Venice, CA. This is a 6 month contract position, starting immediately.
Areas of Responsibility
I. Tool Development, Customization, and Support
1. Creation and maintenance of new software tools that support production needs.
2. Integration of newly developed tools with existing in-house tools and code base.
3. Creation of documentation and tutorials for tools and integrations.
4. Modification and maintenance of existing tools to suit the needs of the studio, projects, and artists.
5. Provide help desk assistance to production for new and existing tools.
6. Uphold quality standards and vision set forth by the by the Head of Pipeline.
II. Pipeline Workflows and Collaboration
1. Work with artists, leads, and supervisors to understand day to day production workflow needs.
2. Collaborate with the Pipeline Designers, Developers, and TDs to map out and optimize common workflows and tool integration.
3. Research and recommend improvements to existing workflows or new workflows that will improve productivity or communication.
– 2+ years experience working in a production environment.
– High level of proficiency developing software in python.
– Experience creating GUI applications using PySide or PyQt.
– Strong understanding of storage and performance issues that arise in large visual effects productions.
– Knowledge of Maya and Arnold preferred.
– Knowledge of Shotgun preferred, including experience with Shotgun Pipeline Toolkit, Shotgun python API, and administration of a hosted Shotgun site.
– Experience with Qube render farms preferred.
– Experience with Windows OS preferred. Knowledge of Linux command line a plus.
– Must be able to prioritize requests and have effective communication skills.
– Detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task.
How To Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your résumé to email@example.com – Please be sure to include “Pipeline Technical Director-LA” in the subject line.